Friday, March 11, 2011

Flannel board love

I am a HUGE fan of flannel board activities as an additive literacy activity for preschool-aged bambinos.  And?  I make my own, saving myself a bundle!  Last night I created a set of 6 flannel board activities that include critical thinking prompts (riddles) and cute pictures to accompany!  The set includes:  Transportation, What Shape Am I?, Who's Hatching, On the Playground, Mystery Colors, and 5 Little Monkeys (fingerplay).  I made them all in about an hour!  I used the patterns found here.


Not too shabby!  I used milk filters (I'm from a small town in Wisconsin) and love love love them because you can trace ANYTHING onto them with a Sharpie and then color w/ crayons and the colors are super vibrant!


 I am kind of in love with flannel board activities so if you're looking for ideas or have a few of your own to share, please do!

3 comments:

  1. I have made so many flannel board activities over the years! I love them too! I wish I had saved them all to show off on my blog but I didn't - silly me:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can pardon my ignorance, but what is a milk filter? Are they easy to find and where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milk filters are literally used to filter milk on dairy farms... just as country as it sounds! I grew up right near a Farm & Fleet store and I know you can get them at that type of store. They are amazing and make it so fun to make flannel board pieces!

    ReplyDelete