Tuesday, March 20, 2012

{Classroom Reorganization}

I taught preschool for four years.  Four amazing years.  Some days (like today), I find myself wishing I had stayed in the classroom; usually for various reasons:  Administration has a lot more responsibility and paperwork, I miss the kids, I miss the families, I miss the classroom.

Today I got the opportunity to rearrange one of our classrooms.  Seems there have been some behavior problems and before I move forward with anything, I really want to see how the environment change impacts the behaviors. I know that sometimes our classrooms are over-stimulating for children, so I went through and took out clutter and tried to group objects to make them easier to use and put away.

Here's a peek at what I accomplished today with my 2 hours in the classroom....

Blocks:

before

after
Dramatic Play:

before

after

after
Sand & Water / Discovery:

before

after
before

after
 Art:

before

after
 What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment